Version 1.2, last modified 27.06.22
Purpose and legal basis
WeUse processes information for the following purposes:
- Provide users of the service, including companies and housing associations, and their members (employees/residents), with a sharing platform (hereinafter referred to as “the service”)
- Management of users, including creation, suspension, disabling, etc.
- Administration of ads, including creation, display, deletion, etc.
- Study of consumption trends, including analysis of purchase history and technical data to improve the service and for commercial purposes, and
- Registration of financial transactions.
For cookies, please refer to the cookie banners on the website and cookie banner on the app.
The legal basis for our treatment follows from:
- For managing users and ads:
The Data Protection Regulation of 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter referred to as the “Data Protection Regulation”), Article 6 (1) (b), contractual rule:
“Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the implementation of measures taken at the request of the data subject before the conclusion of a contract.“
- For handling financial transactions:
Article 6 (1) (c) of the Data Protection Regulation .
“Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation incumbent on the data subject.“
- Examination of consumption trends, including for the improvement of the service and for commercial purposes:
Article 6 (1) (f) of the Data Protection Regulation, the balancing rule:
“Processing is necessary for the data controller or a third party to pursue a legitimate interest, unless the data subject’s interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of personal data take precedence, in particular, if the data subject is a child.“
- The legitimate interests WeUse pursues are the company’s interest in providing better performance, increasing user satisfaction, providing better customer service and being able to see how users use the service. WeUse does not process specific user’s the purchase histories, but will only use aggregated data for statistics. WeUse has assessed that the interests of the data subjects do not take precede this and will continuously make the same assessment as the service developes.
Categories of personal information
WeUse processes the following categories of personal data:
- Name, address, contact details such as email address, phone number,
- IP address, time of login, purchase, logout, ad creation, ad impressions and other behavior on the site and the app.
- Information related to payment.
Only general information shall be processed in accordance with Article 6 of the Data Protection Regulation.
Recipients or categories of recipients
- Community administration (company or housing association)
- Data processors:
- Amazon AWS – Server Hosting & Cloud Services (Located in Frankfurt)
- Google Firebase (Located in EU)
- Microsoft Azure (Located in Franksfurt)
- The service and WeUse’s external advisors, including accountant, lawyer, etc.
If necessary, personal data may be disclosed to public authorities, including the police.
Transfer to recipients in third countries, including international organizations
Personal data is not transferred to third countries.
Where your information comes from
The personal data comes from you or the people who enter it.
The other information is entered by yourself or recorded from your computer.
Storing your personal data
If you haven’t been signed in for 12 months, your access will be disabled. 6 months later your information will be deleted.
Documentation of financial transactions is stored for 5 years in accordance with the Danish Bookkeeping Act.
Please note that WeUse retains information about email address, IP address and time of login and log out for extended periodes for crime prevention purposes.
Under the Data Protection Regulation, there are a number of rights in relation to our processing of personal data:
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
- Right to view information (right of access)
- You have the right to access the information we process about the users, as well as a number of additional information.
- Right to rectification (correction)
- You have the right to have incorrect information about yourself corrected.
- Right to delete
In special cases, you have the right to have information about you deleted before the time of our general deletion occurs.
- Right to restriction of treatment
- In some cases, you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted. In the future, if you have the right to have the processing restricted, we may only process the data – except storing – with your consent, or for the purpose of establishing, asserting, or defending legal claims, or to protect a person or important public interests.
- Right of objection
- In some cases, you have the right to object to our or lawful processing of your personal data. You may also object to the processing of your information for direct marketing.
- Right to transmit information (data portability)
In some cases, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, as well as to have this personal data transferred from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency’s guidance on the rights of data subjects, which you can find at www.datatilsynet.dk.
- Right to appeal
You have the right to file a complaint with us at email@example.com
You also have the right to file a complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are dissatisfied with the way we process your personal data. You can find the Danish Data Protection Agency’s contact information at www.datatilsynet.dk.